The tightly woven and dense fabrics are not easy to cut with conventional fabrication techniques. But, you can cut them effortlessly with your laser cutters. You can also use laser technology to cut fabrics that have seams and thick borders. We have made a list of fabrics that can be cut with laser cutters.
• The natural fabric, cotton is best to cut with the laser cutting machine. The edge of your cotton piece may look slightly yellowish when the laser beam is intense. You may create intricate cuts on your cotton garment.
• Silk is another delicate fabric that you can cut with a laser cutter. However, you have to be careful to prevent fraying issues. Although you may create intricate designs, the thin fabric can get torn. You should choose the low setting of your laser cutter.
• A laser cutting machine is effective for cutting felt, as it is a thick material. Both natural and synthetic felts are safe with a laser cutter. The laser machine generates heat to melt the cut’s edges. The melting process also seals the cut and prevents potential fraying problems. As felt is thick, you cannot cut it with your scissors.
• The manmade fabric, polyester, is as thick as cotton. However, the best fact is that the cut edges do not have a chance of getting frayed.
• Leather is also easy to cut with a laser cutter. The low-fray material does not need additional finishing. Although leather is thick, you can cut it easily with your laser cutting machines.